Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- IN controversial foul impureness
- The peace that is thy light to thee
- Quench not: in faith and inner sureness
- Possess thy soul and let it be.
- No violence--perverse--persistent--
- What cannot be can bring to be;
- No zeal what is make more existent,
- And strife but blinds the eyes that see.
- What though in blood their souls embruing,
- The great, the good and wise they curse,
- Still sinning, what they know not doing;
- Stand still, forbear, nor make it worse.
- By curses, by denunciation,
- The coming fate they cannot stay;
- Nor thou, by fiery indignation,
- Though just, accelerate the day.
- Arthur Hugh Clough
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide