Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- AS I lay with my head in your lap, camerado,
- The confession I made I resume -- what I said to you in the open air I resume:
- I know I am restless, and make others so;
- I know my words are weapons, full of danger, full of death;
- For I confront peace, security, and all the settled laws, to unsettle them;
- I am more resolute because all have denied me, than I could ever have been had all accepted me;
- I heed not, and have never heeded eiher experience, cautions, majorities, or ridicule;
- And the threat of what is called hell is little or nothing to me;
- And the lure of what is called heaven is little or nothing to me;
- Dear camerado! I confess I have urged you onward with me, and still urge you, without the least idea what is our destination,
- Or whether we shall be victorious, or utterly quelled and defeated.
- Walt Whitman
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide