P.C. Home Page . Recent Additions
A B .
C D .
E F .
G H .
I J .
K L .
M N .
O P .
Q R .
S T .
U V .
W X .
- LOOK how the pale queen of the silent night
- Doth cause the ocean to attend upon her,
- And he, as long as she is in his sight,
- With her full tide is ready her to honor.
- But when the silver waggon of the moon
- Is mounted up so high he cannot follow,
- The sea calls home his crystal waves to moan,
- And with low ebb doth manifest his sorrow.
- So you that are the sovereign of my heart
- Have all my joys attending on your will;
- My joys low-ebbing when you do depart,
- When you return their tide my heart doth fill.
- So as you come and as you do depart,
- Joys ebb and flow within my tender heart.
- Charles Best
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .