P.C. Home Page . Recent Additions
A B . C D .
E F . G H .
I J . K L .
M N . O P .
Q R . S T .
U V . W X .
- ABIDE with me: fast falls the eventide;
- The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide;
- When other helpers fail, and comforts flee,
- Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me!
- Swift to its close ebbs our life's little day;
- Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
- Change and decay in all around I see;
- O Thou Who changeth not, abide with me!
- Not a brief glance, I beg, a passing word,
- But, as Thou dwell'st with Thy disciples, Lord,
- Familiar, condescending, patient, free,--
- Come, not to sojourn, but abide with me!
- Come not in terrors, as the King of kings;
- But kind and good, with healing in Thy wings:
- Tears for all woes, a heart for every plea;
- Come, Friend of sinners, and abide with me!
- Thou on my head in early youth didst smile,
- And, though rebellious and perverse meanwhile
- Thou hast not left me, oft as I left Thee;
- On to the close, O Lord, abide with me!
- I need Thy presence every passing hour:
- What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's power?
- Who like Thyself my guide and stay can be?
- Through cloud and sunshine, oh, abide with me!
- I fear no foe with Thee at hand to bless;
- Ills have no weights, and tears no bitterness;
- Where is death's sting? where, grave thy victory?
- I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
- Hold then Thy cross before my closing eyes;
- Shine through the gloom, and point me to the skies:
- Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee--
- In life and death, O Lord, abide with me!
- Henry F. Lyte
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .